Lynda.com release a series of introductory Windows 8 Tutorials
Lynda.com have released a series of introductory Windows 8 Tutorials.
They cover a series of topics based on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
- Welcome 01m 21s
- Exploring the new features in Windows 8 04m 10s
- Downloading the Windows 8 installer 02m 42s
- Creating an installer DVD or USB drive 02m 32s
- Installing Windows 8 side by side with Windows 7 04m 07s
- Installing on a virtual machine 05m 37s
- Starting Windows 8 for the first time 05m 19s
- Using the Windows 8 boot menu 01m 13s
- Using Metro apps 04m 37s
- Docking two Metro apps 02m 45s
- Using Windows 8 charms 07m 42s
- Docking and arranging apps on the Start screen 03m 42s
- Using Windows 8 hot keys 05m 25s
- Navigating the user interface with a touch screen 05m 14s
- Using Internet Explorer 05m 30s
- Getting stuff: exploring the Windows Store 03m 18s
- Configuring Windows 8 with Settings and the Control Panel 06m 03s
- Conclusion Where to go from here 01m 09s
The videos are very well made and are an excellent intro to people who haven’t seen Windows 8 before.
You can see the Lynda Windows 8 Tutorials here.