How to install Mango Update (Windows Phone 7.5 update)
Microsoft has released its Windows Phone 7.5 update also known as “Mango” on September 28, 2011.
Not all device manufacturers have implemented the update on their devices but for those users who have received a notification, it is time to try the 500 new features offered by Mango.
Most carriers in the United States such as T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon are in the process of implementing the update and it may take up to 10 business days.
Preparing for the update
The update process will take close to one hour so ensure that you proceed with the update when you will not have to use your device.
- Zune software is essential to download and install Windows Phone 7.5 update. Install Zune, connect Windows phone to a computer and launch Zune client.
- Ensure that the phone has adequate power prior to downloading update.
- Ensure enough free memory is available and delete unwanted items such as applications, games or large files.
- As a precaution, the application backs up the device’s operating system prior to initializing installation. So ensure that the computer has adequate free space for device OS backup.
- A wired connection is more reliable than a wireless connection to download the update. Hence, ensure that you use a wired connection such as Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that the phone is displaying accurate time and date information since updates are time sensitive.
What do you need?
You need a Windows 7 phone that runs the latest No-Do update and you require Windows 7 support tools for 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows depending on your architecture. You also need a computer that runs Windows 7/Windows Vista operating system.
- You will receive a notification on the phone when the update is available for install. Pick up an appropriate time when you will not be using the device frequently since the download and install process can take around one hour.
- Zune software will guide you through the installation process. Ensure that the phone stays connected with the computer for the entire duration and Zune client is running on the computer.
With close to 500 features and tweaks available in Windows Phone 7.5 update like Facebook integration, Camera auto fix, and battery power saver and so on, it is time you tried installing this update.
Leave us some feedback to let us know how it worked for you.